Infrequently updated consistently funny

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I am crying over Whitney and Bobby

So it has happened a long time now ie about a week ago which in the blogosphere is an eternity but I have to touch on the fact that Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown are breaking up.

NOOOOO say it aint so, how could the dream celebrity match up of Prince Charming and Sleeping Beauty break up?

After all no one saw this one coming. They were the perfect couple. No one had them ever breaking up in the pool. It is not like when they got married anyone went – “I give that marriage less than a year” They were so good together. How could a marriage that is formed on a ROCK (crack rock) ever disintegrate. The Catholic Church has lasted forever on a rock (Peter) I figured Whitney and Bobby could at least last a life time.

How can I ever hope to sustain a lasting relationship with anyone if the relationship that we should all pattern our lives after has crumbled? They survived drug arrests, multiple trips to rehab. Remember that great moment when they appeared on TV for an interview and they confessed their love for each other and claimed that they were not using drugs while appearing to be high off their asses – that is true love!

They created classical TV (‘Being Bobby Brown’) the likes of which I thought could never be duplicated – then I saw ‘Flavor of Love’. They showed all of us who thought that 2 crazy people could never stay together that we were wrong, and they were doing it for 14 years…through spousal abuse charges and arrest how could they end now???

We saw a mega star devolve from Whitney to Britney (let us not kid ourselves Britney Spears is rapidly on the Houston train – she just lacks the talented husband). Whitney was at one point the biggest star in the universe she had a wattage that none of us could even stare at…her songs were so huge that schools everywhere were using her music as part of their graduation ceremonies, she was the woman that everyone wanted to have around and Bobby got her, so he had to be the perfect man!

After Michael Jackson broke up with Lisa Marie Presley I figured all that was left for us was Whitney and Bobby, now I am just in tears, absolute tears! Bobby say it isn’t true, say you did not cheat on your ‘true love’ with Karrine Steffans (the video ho/vixen)

They are shattering all my hopes. At least we still have Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes that is definitely a couple that will never ever, ever break up!


Thanks to Leon for reminding me about it

4 comments:

Abeni said...

Remember when he came out of jail and she jumped up on him? Yeah,that was mad luv. Don't we have Brad and Angie as well or that one done too?

Scratchie said...

OK then...if you say so...:D

Melody said...

Black Americans prob'ly luv Jerry Springer, he's de only one out there relentlessly makin' sure other races/groups in America always equally embarrassed.

Marc M said...

well written. Sure there was crack but nobody saw a "crack" in their relationship. Forgive the pun, but you already did a cooler one with "built on a rock" and so I did what I could do with the leftovers.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.