Infrequently updated consistently funny

Monday, September 11, 2006

“Yeah! That all mighty amazing, ill, highly contagious” The Roots

Today is a good day. First things first THE WIRE is back. Watching the opening scenes and it is looking damn good: Again bless who ever created DVR.

I should cover the game yesterday: The better team won I am fine with it, weird moment leaving the sports bar that I watched it at-saw my Ex who has treated me like CRAP for the last few months, weird seeing her but at the same time somewhat poetic since I was having a crappy moment (the loss) why not see someone who has treated me as if the fact that we have broken up is the cause of all the suffering in the world.  

Saw the Roots tonight FOR FREE great show as always, it was the SoCo music tour always nice when a liquor company gives back to its core constituents

There was so much smoke in the air that I think I came home with the munchies.

Did my charity deed for the week: Found a wallet as I was walking the 3 miles to the Sand Assassins crib found the persons phone number in the wallet called it and waited for the owner to pick it up and refused the offer of a reward – Why tell you all this when I am so clearly patting myself on the back for my good deed? Because the person whose wallet I returned had a great idea that I am encouraging all to copy. On the inside of the bill fold was a line saying “If found please call 858-xxx-xxxx” such a damn good idea, I did not have to search for a cop or a safe place to put the wallet just immediately called the owner.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so happy that The Wire is back!!!! I've been a fan since day one. I'm from DC and I have been to Baltimore lots of times and the writers are really authentic with the language and just general swagger of the characters. Sorry to hear about Texas. I had my money on them to win!!!! I guess you're paying it forward with the wallet huh....

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.