Infrequently updated consistently funny

Saturday, September 09, 2006

We do not lose and tickets for more than a car!

Tomorrow is the biggest regular season game in a long time. I feel comfortable saying this even knowing my bias. It is the first #1 v 2 match up in a decade and it is the earliest EVER meeting of a 1 v 2. With the way the BCS shapes up losing this game could mean that a team that should be in the national championship game will probably have to stay home during the title game (bad luck OSU). It is not unheard of, of a team losing early and making it back in but the chances are slim.

As I mentioned to the Sand Assassin yesterday it has been a long time since my school has tasted defeat which means it has been a long time since I have had to deal with defeat. We have the longest win streak in the nation and I would love to see that keep going.

Look at some of what CNNSI.com had to mention re the game… “Only those with bulging bankrolls can afford to buy their way into Darrell K. Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium for Saturday night's epic showdown between Ohio State and Texas. On eBay Thursday, someone forked over $1,575 for two prime seats on the 40; another dropped $2,400 for four tickets in the end zone (and a parking pass). For just $25 more that afternoon on the auction site, that guy could have become the proud owner of a 1989 Mercedes

Buckeyes fans, undeterred by the demand for seats, are arriving in Austin in droves -- so many that the OSU alumni association paid $10,000 to rent out Texas' basketball arena for a Friday-night pep rally. Of course, those willing to ante up for ducats not only will see a meeting of No. 1 vs.”

Since everyone makes game and score predictions here is mine UT 28, OSU 21 (or a score close to that)

HOOK ‘EM HORNS!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OSU alumni assoc also rented out ur erwin center for a "party"

Unknown said...

Man, i know this is your time of the year again, football season, I can hear the excitement in your post!

Those are some serious fans, over 2Gs for tickets! Damn!

Abeni said...

Calij.I just saw an amazing Flava flav episode.Won't say any more until you see it.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.