Infrequently updated consistently funny

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Lucky #slevin and a movie kills the President?

Just saw Lucky #Slevin, not a bad movie but I think I would have enjoyed it a ton more if I had not seen the ‘twist’ coming from about a ¼ into the movie. The guy at the video store when recommending it to S.A.’s roomie described it as Pulp Fiction type movie – I think he was just trying to flirt with her, or he assumed that because 2 movies contain a few similar elements that they can be compared as equals…either way he was WRONG!

By the way I do not see why so many people particularly on IMDB are even comparing this movie to Pulp Fiction, not every crime/mob movie is trying to imitate PF. Slevin is an ok movie a movie that I could watch again and not be bored but I think it is a different movie from PF and is not supposed to be compared to PF. Now watch after I say all that I will check IMDB again and part of the movie trivia will be the director saying that he tried to make his version of PF!

Check out this first news blurb, I know many Americans do not respect their current president (and I find that extremely sad because I think leaders should be respected) but to make a movie showing the current president being shot in the future just seems to be too much to me!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.