Infrequently updated consistently funny

Friday, September 01, 2006

SSS and “I hate you Charlie”

So I now live in Mission beach which is great if you love the beach life (I am an island boy yet strangely never spent much time at the beach) but is not great for quick access to most places. So since I am now car less I had resolved that I would try as much as possible to walk/run/jog to anywhere that was within 3 miles or so. This radius includes the gym at 2.78 miles from my apartment. So with that in mind I set out last night to run (loose term meaning walk briskly) to the gym to work out.

Ironically during the run I kept thinking to myself; “I hope I do not see anyone I know on the way to a bar while I am dying of fatigue running to the gym”. Just shortly after I had those thoughts I spotted the title of this post at a bar having a drink. Ignoring the fact that there were other patrons right by the window and that I would have to shout over them I leaned in the bar and bellowed the words: “Charlie you bastard I hate you”. Now to ordinary folk “demz be fighting words” but to people of our ilk those are words of endearment. So instead of starting a fight those words elicited this response: “Come in and have a drink” my response “no man I am jogging to the gym” the bastards response to what I thought was undefeatable logic: “Come on in man and have one it will be good for the gym”
The exchange continues
CJ: “man I am in gym clothes”
Char: “This is Mission Beach – they wont give a fu@k”
CJ: “I need to go to the gym”
Char: “you need to have a drink”
Cj: “damn it man”
Char: “Just one”
CJ: “Ok, just one”
At this point the bouncer who had observed the whole exchange cracks up and bets that I do not make it to the gym to which I confidently respond “Oh I am definitely making it to the gym I am just having one drink”


So 6 gin and tonics later I am cursing Charlie’s name because not only have I clearly not made it to the gym I still have to walk almost 2 miles back home, I spent way more time at the bar than I should have which meant that I still had to go home and do work since I had to meet an attorney in the morning (bright and early). I had just spent a couple hours in a bar surrounded by beautiful women and unable to talk to them otherwise it would reveal that I was clearly in the wrong place ( no matter how relaxed a bar is – gym shorts and running shoes do not for a great pick up experience make)

I then ran home – the only good thing about drinking 6 gin and tonics in lieu of working out is that they sure do make you jog home faster, I refused to get busted for taking a leak in public and after the first half mile home I needed to go faster than Paris Hilton in a library (it is just so ez to take shots at her)

So of course last night’s adventure made this morning an SSS morning – you know the kind of morning when you do not have time do get ‘pretty’ you are restricted to the basics SHAVE, SHOWER and SPRINT out of the house.

I borrowed the roomies Volvo and decided I would test its safety rating, since I was cutting the meeting time close, so while driving I had to finish buttoning the shirt, applying facial moisturizer (the beach dries me out), apply lotion to the hands (no ashy hand shakes here) and file the nails (if you saw the picture of my eye in a previous blog – I have a bad habit of scratching my eyes at night – not sure when I developed the habit – but now I want my nails as smooth as possible) as well as taking the ‘mission bay corner’ as fast but as tight as possible – if you ever travel to mission beach coming off sea world or going on sea world drive you know the corner I am talking about – it is a wanna be race drivers dream.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.