Infrequently updated consistently funny

Thursday, September 07, 2006

My dad has the psychology degree not me.

So my roomie was going through some emotional problems last night and came home just as I was about to leave the house to grab dinner and hit the bar. Of course since I am a great room-mate I was 100% willing to listen to his tale of woe (and it is a terrible tale) of course by listen to his tale of woe I mean this exchange:

Roomie: (tells me of the situation)
CaliJ: (inner monologue) [‘Damn it man, this story is horrible, it is long complicated and will not have a happy ending what am I supposed to say here?’] “Dude that SUCKS!”
Roomie: “Yes it does I do not think I can deal with this, it is the last straw with her”
CJ: (inner mono) [‘Damn it, did this have to happen after I put in the first month’s rent?’] “We are going out to play beer dice and hit the Tavern and drink”
R: “I think I am just going to stay in”
CJ: “No that is a horrible idea, come out and drink till you cannot remember your name”
R: “I will think about it”
CJ: “You will think only about the directions that I will give you”

So of course 4 hours later and after the use of some sweet wrist-watch walkie talkies in the bar (will post about that later) my roomie had no idea what his name was and was barely cognizant of his name, he also had a hard time believing/remembering that he had to be up in 3 hours to make it to his job. It might not have been the best way to help mend his situation but at least for a few hours he had stopped thinking about it and best of all I had stopped having to listen…man those walkie talkies were sweet (100% game killers but so damn sweet)
--Baker you are the man

2 comments:

Abeni said...

I owe my roomies so much.

I checked the ATB mix and yeah it's pretty cool.Have I redeemed myself a lil?

Unknown said...

Well CaliJ, at least you did help him forget his problem for a while! Just like a true roomie would :)

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.