I saw the new Bond film tonight with my bro. I have seen every single Bond film ever made and I have to say I think this is one of the better Bond films. It has removed the cheesiness of many of the former films while keeping some of the ‘classic’ Bond lines.
Be prepared for a couple jump out of your seat moments. The violence level has been escalated in this film over the other films. And they have created a much more ruthless Bond. Much has been made of the fact that Bond is now blonde – I say “So?” The character is based on his charm/ability to kill without remorse/ and ability to bed multiple women. Let’s be honest, if Timothy Dalton can be a Bond, pretty much anyone can be a Bond.
If you’re a fan of the franchise you will not be disappointed in this film and if you have never seen a Bond movie this would be a great introduction to the franchise. As always Dame Judi Dench is stellar and a scene stealer and captivates the audience when she speaks. There is the usual crazy looking Bond villain with a slight quirk or anatomical defect, but definitely cold hearted.
Again – just go see it: I hate when reviewers spoil movies when trying to give a good review and in truth to give a good review many times you have to reveal things about the movie so I will not give you a good review and rather call it a recommendation…and if you insist on believing that something of the movie must be revealed, here goes – Bond kills people.
Infrequently updated consistently funny
- ► 2013 (23)
- ► 2011 (33)
- ► 2010 (13)
- ► 2009 (43)
- ► 2008 (139)
- ► 2007 (245)
- Ah the Joy of Britney Spears' Modesty!
- I know I initially railed on Madonna's fitness...
- “Looks like somebody suffered from premature slapu...
- Happy Thanksgiving Y'all
- Go see the new Bond film: Casino Royale
- A Picture Share!
- I bet you wish people still thought of you as Kram...
- The night results came out!
- Bar results are finally out...Good luck to all!
- I found another fun filled round of in class blogg...
- In Living color debuts...
- Happy Birthday...
- Wow..another one
- The fight we have been waiting for is here...
- Andy Griffith sues Andy Griffith
- The Lupe Fiasco show was a Fiasco!
- Damn, it sold more than I expected!
- For once beatng Kami to a love Thursday...pic
- Sadly the dutty whine has claimed a victim...18 y....
- Finally an update...
- Of dog walking, and excessively fat dogs
- Real time election updates!
- A Picture Share!
- You may have heard about Faith Hill's reaction to ...
- Finally she is free...for me!
- Kirstie Alley shows that hard work can pay off!
- This story is just so damn scary to me
- Just a mid day 'pick me up' joke...thanks for the ...
- It was a great night tonight.
- Maybe this is why Halloween is so popular in West ...
- Money is completely wasted on these people
- Why Flav, WHY?
- It has definitely been awhile since I posted infor...
- ▼ November (33)
- ► 2005 (478)
- Cali J
- Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.