Infrequently updated consistently funny

Monday, November 13, 2006

The Lupe Fiasco show was a Fiasco!

I know too blatant and easy a pun, but sadly it is true. The ticket said “Show starts at 9pm” however Lupe did not take the stage until 12:30 and was off by 1:30. Prior to Lupe ‘blessing’ the stage we were all privileged to witness the second lowest point in hip-hop (could not be the lowest point since it was not a K-Fed show) but damn the second opening act was so horrible I thought at some point a clown with a huge hook would show up.

The 2nd act had a group that originally had 3 guys (3 huge guys) I say originally since by the end of their performance there were 10 guys on stage and for some reason everyone seemed to have a mic when NONE of them should have had a mic. It was crazy to see a guy that was built like a linebacker doing the Roger Rabbit, the cabbage patch and the Robo-cop dances; note to rappers when half your set is revisiting 80’s dances your performance is WEAK.

This was the first concert that I have been to where people in the crowd were more interested in talking to each other than listening to the acts on stage. Once Lupe finally hit the stage his performance was decent – but much of it was lost because the crowd had lost all its momentum and the ‘hype’ was just not there.

The “Daydreams” track won back the show, but how could it not? That track has got to be one of the best of the year…check it out if you have not already heard it.

At least the slow warm up acts allowed for a great shot of Baker with the lead singer from the first band – you have to love the classic Baker goofy drinking face!

Will have to post additional pix later since our favorite 'groupie dancers' were there and I met a new LA acquaintance while hanging in San Diego!

2 comments:

Thatguybaker said...

Please note that in addition to goofy face, Baker is also wearing a shit with a fried egg that says "this is your brain on baker." Classic.
i would also like to point out that the singer is WAY older than I thought she would be.

Thatguybaker said...

i meant shirt not shit. i was not wearing a shit. just a shit eating grin.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.