Infrequently updated consistently funny

Monday, November 20, 2006

I bet you wish people still thought of you as Kramer - you racist bastard

"The camera started rolling just as Richards began his attack, screaming at one of the men, "Fifty years ago we'd have you upside down with a f***ing fork up your ass."

Richards continued, "You can talk, you can talk, you're brave now motherf**ker. Throw his ass out. He's a nigger! He's a nigger! He's a nigger! A nigger, look, there's a nigger!"


Michael Richards better known as ‘Kramer from Seinfeld’ unleashed a horribly racist rant at the Laugh Factory just down the street from me. Richards’ decided to let the whole world in on the fact that he is a bigoted idiot by cursing at audience members and refusing to quit even after being reprimanded by the audience. Watch the video and note just how long he keeps up his disgusting tirade. Sadly I think the racial divide in our country is widening and not narrowing.

Bet the rest of the Seinfeld cast will start to distance themselves more and more from Richards as days go by. I still wonder about all these shows that are set in major metropolitan cities and have no persons of color (any color) in them. Everyone knows about the lack of the ‘black friends’ in ‘Friends’ but the white wash is in so many other programs.

It would not bother me that there are no black faces in shows if incidents like the Richards’ incident did not keep cropping up. Or the fact that the last few days I have gone walking in Hollywood and actually watched the difference in cops pulling over people in my neighborhood. There was a cop posted up on a side street just off Hollywood Blvd. A car with 2 young black men pulled up and was pulled over and they were ordered out, and told to spread them and the works…search demanded…where are you going…I wanted to run up screaming “I’m a lawyer, do not do this” I watched a white car get pulled over and the difference was amazing.

Does racism exist? Yes. Is it much more pervasive than most want to admit? I think the answer is definitely YES!

2 comments:

Crankyputz said...

I haven't watched the Borat Movie, but I have watched the Ali G show, and what he does very well, is uncover the bigatory and racism, people try to hide.

The Cramer incident is shameful, why can't Hollywood success stories retire with grace? Why must they all turn out to be foulmouthed despondents?

Abeni said...

Shocking.What was he thinking?

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.