Infrequently updated consistently funny

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Ab abusu ad usum non valet consequential

I am becoming more and more wary of Americans and American celebrities going to “poor countries” and ‘adopting’ babies. Something about the process leaves me queasy, I think much of it is the whole feeling of something that is too easily acquired is not as easily prized.

I also look at some of the parents that are adopting and I am so nervous about how these kids will turn out…Angelina Jolie (remember the blood vial necklaces, the taking another woman’s man and the all around general craziness of her life plus her family history with her own dad) Madonna (do I have to list all the crazy things not least among them her adopting a British accent after spending only 2 weeks in Britain) and Michael Jackson…

This one needs its own paragraph…Now I do not know for certain if he ever diddled any of those kids that accused him, in fact I feel some of those were blatant lies: I do know that nothing on earth could persuade me to ever leave a kid at MJ’s house and that includes the kids of my enemies. In fact I am wary of even taking a kid with me if I went to MJ’s house and that would be with me there. But truth to ALL the rumors or not MJ is not at this point someone who should be able to get a child, yet he may soon adopt a new kid from the ‘third world’ because of course no reputable American agency would let him adopt here. By the way I find it hard to believe that he is dressing in drag and going out shopping.

Thing is, I am sure there is much good in programs that allow people to adopt children that are impoverished etc but in many ways I see so much potential for abuse and in so many of these stories I read that the celebrity was allowed to circumvent the rules by paying out high amounts of cash…it just worries me!


3 comments:

Melody said...

Then there's de more complicated story about Madonna & de Afro-American baby whose father allegedly wants him back...

Kelly said...

Yeah, why did Madonna not adopt an ACTUAL orphan. Not to say that the child she is adopting has it easy by any means, but at least he has a father. What about the children that have no one at all?

And I agree that adopting a child from an impoverished country does seem a little too easy. Sort of like a whim hits that I want a baby. I can't/won't have one myself. I think I will just go pick one up at the baby store. Maybe there are adoption guidelines in so many countries because they are needed.

Abeni said...

Don't like it much either. It seems to be a fashion statement-let's get a third world kid. I prefer to tak emy chances in an impoverished place rather than live with the celebrities

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.