Infrequently updated consistently funny

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Heard a brand new Tupac track today...and some people should not park cars

Nearly crashed the car when the announcer said, here is that new Tupac produced by Swizz beats. Oh Biggie if you had only spent more time in the studios and less time at Red lobster we could have had so much more new music from you also.

When I got to LA peeps were telling me how tough it would be to drive here, but after living in Jamaica and driving in SD, LA seems rather tame. The only 2 crazy incidents I have seen have both occurred with women (not trying to be sexist but they were too funny not to post)

Incident 1. I stopped at a red light and while waiting there all of a sudden my car shuddered from an impact, I looked right to see this woman jogger coming towards me, coming, coming and then wham…she ran right into my stopped car. Now bear in mind I am not even the car in the cross walk, I am the 2nd car, so this meant that she left the cross walk to cut through cars and managed to hit mine. She must have no depth perception at all, because she did not appear to veer at all. She hit so hard that she was slumped over the car and the car shook – thankfully it is a rental or I would have been pissed, instead all I could do was laugh.

Incident 2. Parking lot:
You know those yellow mini curbs that they have at parking spots to stop your wheels so that u do not pull up too far. Well this lady pulled up and at first was just edging up. I paused to let her get in the space as I was walking to my car. She edged all the way up till her wheels gently touched the curb. Then a look of confusion came over her face, and she revved the engine. The car is of course now straining against the curb. She then seems to snap. She puts the car in reverse and peels backwards nearly hitting this lady pushing her cart. She then stops about a car length back from the spot, stares hard at it (in my mind I am thinking “NO WAY is she going to do what I think”) she then slams on the gas and pulls forward so hard and fast that the wheels of course slam into the curb and jump it. This cause the front of the car to lift up and then fall back down to earth with the front wheels now in front of the curb and she barely misses slamming into the wall. She then gets out of her car and calmly closes the door and walks off.

I stand and stare for a bit because I just saw a fairly new BMW treated like it was a rally car and I am for the life of me trying to figure out what she is going to do when she is ready to leave. I was so tempted to just sit there and wait for her to come back and get the car but curses to the working life I had to go about my business.

I know I have only been in LA a few days, but hey maybe that is what passes for parking here in West Hollywood!

2 comments:

Marc M said...

Thats some crazy stuff...

Melody said...

MayB that wasn't her car & she's plannin' 2 leave it right there -- dunno, but it sounds like she was bein' spiteful 2 de car, like how some people would do 2 get back at somebody. (e.g. "Mi bex wid yu, soh mi aggoh tek it out pon yu car!" or "Eeh, yu think it a goh soh? Watch me & yu car when yu noh deh ya.") As 4 de jogger, C what can happen 2 people on drugs.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.