It is hard to believe that private fire works are illegal in Jamaica. The youths in Norbrook are making the night sky look like the skies of Baghdad during the first Gulf War. Some of my readers will be too young to remember it but many families were glued to CNN for hours on end watching blue and green flashes come across the screen as we were told by Bernard Shaw and Wolf Blitzer that X or Y city had been hit. Nowadays the level of excitement is gone because it’s hard to wow peeps with something that their video games already provide for them. Now unless the camera rides in on the nose cone of the bomb it just does not seem that exciting. But I digress….back to the skies of the ‘Brook. It says a lot about our country that 3 peeps asked me if gun shots were being fired when the fireworks started popping off.
I love the pick and chose enforcement employed by the JCF, at any moment I could walk down to Manor Park and purchase M-80s and bottle rockets but let a cop pull me over and find a couple in the car and is trouble?
East fest aka di rasta man fete was wicked will blog about that later, till then I hope y’all are having a great start to the new year and I can’t wait to hear resolutions and then watch them fizzle.
What’s the difference between a lie and a joke? I think it’s the reception that it gets. I like to joke and tease my friends a lot, when they like the result it’s a joke when they are pissed that I got them or that they were too slow to figure something out all of a sudden I am a liar.
Ps to all my fellow bloggers I have not been commenting on your sites because I have barely had much internet access, but once I am back in Cali, the J will be spitting that fire like one of the 5 greatest rappers of all time and Dylan…
Infrequently updated consistently funny
- ► 2013 (23)
- ► 2011 (33)
- ► 2010 (13)
- ► 2009 (43)
- ► 2008 (139)
- ► 2007 (245)
- A Picture Share!
- Instant bar review impressions
- Allergies, knockout drugs and foam
- A Picture Share!
- I'm in love with a stripper and Costco
- This teacher is out of his mind!
- Another In Living Color trivia moment...
- Another Jab at USC...
- Bar Review
- Damn you Kobe!!!!
- It's a ONE-PEAT
- Quick recap...
- Can I do this?
- I love breaks
- Just smile...
- If we let China why not Cuba?
- Seven year anniversary!
- Not ready for school
- Wow, talk about bad choices...
- I am here for you ladies...
- Taco Tuesday
- Thank you...
- Corrales v Castillo III postponed
- Of snivelling door men, hot chics and a long ass j...
- A Picture Share!
- Bond, James...eh you know how it goes
- Cali-J coming back
- …and THE 2006 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS ARE THE TEXAS LON...
- My azn dream team...
- Happy New year and bust a clappa
- ▼ January (36)
- ► 2005 (478)
- Cali J
- Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.