Infrequently updated consistently funny

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Exes, bars and New Drugs!

Best thing about hitting a bar and seeing the ex that no one knows you dated is that you can talk to her for a bit and everyone just thinks your hitting on a new girl and leaves u alone!

So any regular Cali-J reader knows that I routinely make fun of or am appalled by commercials that I observe. The newest one to creep me out is for Cymbalta (targets both serotonin and norepinephrine though the ad does not mention that) which uses the tag line “Because depression hurts”: The ad goes on to note that if you start to have thoughts of suicide stop taking immediately????? What the hell? Your anti-depression drug could lead you to suicide? What is the bloody point of taking it (though I guess killing yourself does end depression)?

Other things to consider from www.about.com “In February 2004 a college student taking part in a study of Cymbalta hanged herself in a company research facility. Lilly assures us that there's no evidence that Cymbalta was to blame. FDA studies seem to support this. The research reportedly found that there were no difference in the rate between users of the drug and those given a placebo.”

An ad I love: “Get that money man

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.