Infrequently updated consistently funny

Thursday, April 27, 2006

The reason sleeping pills and rap music do not mix!

This is the result of listening to rap music after taking sleeping pills and not falling asleep: it is a mixture of lyrics or adapted lyrics from current songs and some of my own random thoughts: I wasn’t going to post this and then I told a friend about it and now I know I have to…if you can’t laugh at yourself you shouldn’t laugh at others and without that I would die!

If you must pick a song to put it to, pick the beat in the Young Juc track “Itz going down” that is obscure enough that I don’t think most peeps will be able to find a song to sing along to…though I do have the fear that for some reason “Mary had a little lamb” was on my brain at the time! Could be because it was one of the first I learned on the piano!
15 years of learning classical piano led to this…

Please forgive me for all that I have said
Part of me wants to leave you alone,
And part of me says that I am over you
Give me a chance to be a better man,
Because I know I can change just for you
Phil Collins sang of the air tonight
But I feel like expressing my fear tonight
Can it be love if I don’t trust the feeling?

Not everybody loves me, but I’m still fly
But you should be my girl, my baby girl
Hit your ex with that wood grain
Just watch that red stuff flow and swirl
<Editor’s note: Apparently at this point gangsta rap must have come on since the lyrics have become all about the removal of rivals>
Let him wonder the meaning of insane in the membrane
It’s all about survival
So I eliminate any rival
This aint no smack a bitch slap a ho rhyme
For that no man should have time
I am one of the kings of Day-go

<I think this was the hook>
Why, oh why, oh why, oh, oh, oh, why?
Because it’s the pain you must feel
In order to be the one to heal

I know it was more than love at first sight
Because your flesh I still want to bite
It has been 2 + 1 years too long
Waiting for you this Cali J has been true
So I grabbed a pen and wrote this song
<apparently my brain ignored the fact that I was on my laptop and that I have not voluntarily held a pen in ages>
For you the left side has stayed warm
There have been others but none quite like you
So I drop this rhyme because you have to stay my girl true


1 comment:

Angry Dog said...

Yo man, that joint is off the chain! When are you gonna hit the studio?

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.