Infrequently updated consistently funny

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Some Guilty pleasures...

So as I see the ad for the movie ‘Stick it’ from the writers of ‘Bring it On’ while I watch ‘Parental Control’ it made me think back on some of the things that I as a guy like and know that other guys like too but most just cannot or will not admit. Most guys I know loved ‘Bring it On’ despite the fact that it was a “Cheerleader chick flick” but most do not want to admit it in public! Like I recently got busted watching ‘Charmed’ in my defense my ex loved that show and because I was a GREAT boyfriend I watched it with my arm around her and slowly very slowly got hooked; when we broke up I occasionally caught myself watching episodes then I went 2 years without watching it then I got DVR and damn it, it made it so easy to watch; just let the system record it and then watch it all in 40 minutes that I started doing it again but never when my roomie was around or anyone else for that matter till I got busted.

Other guilty pleasures: I have to have to have to have at least one tub of ice cream in the freezer; I have been known to have 6 tubs in the freezer – harder to do now that we keep restocking the meat at Costco.
  • Stocking multiple varieties of Rum

  • The fact that I secretly plan ways to trip my friends as they try to walk at graduation

  • That I check the web for American Idol results

  • I am addicted to Desperate Housewives and Grey’s Anatomy

  • I cannot fall asleep without the TV

  • I occasionally stop breathing when asleep but the rush I get upon waking up and realizing that I made it…while it freaks me out for a sec makes me feel extra alive in the morning

  • I sometimes like to run the air condition in the car so cold that my eye lids start to feel like they are freezing shut

  • I watch American politics with the same amount of dispassionate interest that I watch an NFL game that I have no special team to root for

  • Staring at my friend in class

  • I HATE myspace.com yet cannot stop using it

  • I love to watch Fox News: Bill O’Reilly is a comedian because he takes himself so damn seriously, I love the fact that he never lets a guest finish a sentence that he disagrees with!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I occasionally stop breathing when asleep but the rush I get upon waking up and realizing that I made it…while it freaks me out for a sec makes me feel extra alive in the morning"

it's called sleep apnea...and it can kill you.
http://www.sleepapnea.org/
if you truly have it, there's surgery to fix it. in the alternative, there are medical devices that gently force air into your breathing passages while you sleep, but then you have to sleep with a machine and chicks don't dig that shit.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.