Infrequently updated consistently funny

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Maybe it's because I am not American...

But I told my friend my menu plans for today’s game watching: Wine, beer, wings, pizza and maybe some pot stickers, and the reaction was…”WINE WITH GAMES” “Wine does not mix with sports” I ask why? After all we enjoy beer with sports and a rum and coke with sports why not sip, sip, sip some of the tasty beverage that originates from grapes “Mmm grapey good”

So it’s an open invite to my peeps, there will be food and beverages at the cali-j’s crib and there is even some left over jerk pork.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Reading posts like this make me really sad because I do loves me some jerk pork and wine. I think any alcoholic beverage is okay for watching sports. While not a conventional choice, how different is wine from say a margarita? A marg would not be deemed unacceptable.

Anonymous said...

mmm grapey good? you watch too much "half and half"

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.