Infrequently updated consistently funny

Friday, April 22, 2005

If Bush can't afford a burger...?

So during a photo-op moment in South Carolina at a burger joint the president was purchasing lunch for his entourage and the bill came to around $63.20 (versions differ as to exact amount) however in the photo shots and video the president is seen holding what appears to be two $20 bills. Realizing the problem he calls an aide over to help him on the shortfall. Which of course led to countless jokes: if he can’t afford to buy lunch how can he feed the nation etc…but seriously though, you would think for a photo-op you would carry at least more than $40 when trying to get lunch for the entourage!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to buy coffee from Doug the Coffee Thug the other day. When I went to go pay, I realized I had no money on me at all. Luckily, a friend was standing in line behind me, and I was able to borrow a few bucks from her.

Point being, these things happen to the best of us.

Of course, if I were Bush, I'd just pay with my own currency.

http://www.wildongifts.com/George_Bush_Moral_Reserve_Note.jpg

Anonymous said...

PS - That's the same $200 bill that someone used at a Dairy Queen a few years back.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5890269

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.