Infrequently updated consistently funny

Monday, April 04, 2005

The joy of faulty memory!

NKOTB, Backstreet, The Spice girls, Vanilla Ice, Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch, Disco (every artist) N’SYNC: What do all these have in common? They are all groups that were massive back in the day and now so many people pretend as if they didn’t exist or that they never listened to them. I have been doing some blog reading around the web and a recent topic that is popular are crappy music groups and has beens etc. One blog was practically dedicated to Gerardo of ‘Rico Suave’ fame (“My only addiction has to do with the female species”)People always tend to deny things later that now appear to be not cool. I remember a lot of my friends rocking to school with the NKOTB lunch box. And while working at the arena I remember seeing tones of college age girls streaming in for the N’SYNC show. If you used to be a fan of such groups don’t front now like your so superior to the kids now screaming for Hillary Duff or whichever teeny bopper is hot right now, and don’t be ashamed to sometimes in the middle of USD’s overly quiet law library bust out with:
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh. Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh.
Listen up everybody if you wanna take a chance.
Just get on the floor and do the New Kids' dance.
Don't worry 'bout nothing 'cause it won't take long.
We're gonna put you in a trance with a funky song, 'cause you gotta be
Hangin' tough, hangin' tough, hangin' tough.
We're rough
.


And don’t forget to do the little grab your pants and side to side shake with your legs.
If there is any group that should be on this list and I forgot them be sure to remind me. I love reminiscing about old groups.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Backstreet Boys, Tiffany, Kriss Kross....

Anonymous said...

Boyz 2 Men - I used to tell the girls to get down on bended knee.

DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince - Will Smith had to start somewhere. Tell me "you saw my blinker b*tch" wasn't the song of the year.

And who can forget the first black boy band - NWA. Yup I said it. Just b/c they rap doesn't mean they aren't a boy band - F*ck tha POlice.

Anonymous said...

ABC, Immature, Debbie Gibson..

Anonymous said...

I was all about Tiffany, Paula Abdul, and Kriss Kross! Will never let go of House of Pain - Jump Around and I'm always down with OPP!!!

Cali J said...

How could I have 4gotten Kriss Kross: I must confess that I nearly wore my pants backwards and out of the house, but... my parents had more sense than I had back then. Thanks Mom and Dad!

Anonymous said...

Color Me Badd, Milli Vanilli, Martika, Tone Toni Tony

Maria Elisa said...

I might get shot for saying this, but . . . the Beatles were the first boy band. They weren't all that great until Bob Dylan gave 'em their first joint. :)

Cali J said...

hahah I agree with you that much of the Beatle's hype was due to external aids; but if we are taking it really retro: Motown was creating boy bands before the Brits invaded, and dont 4get the Barbershop quartets

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.