Infrequently updated consistently funny

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Jury of whose peers?

I guess Michael is being judged by a jury of his peers; after all the racial breakdown (according to Fox News) is 8 Caucasian, 1 Asian and 2 Latino????? (Note the # that, that stat adds up to![way to go Fox (guess the balanced part of the “fair and balanced’ motto has nothing to do with mathematical ability]) Anyway there was initially flak re the fact that there were no blacks on the jury, but come on, look where Michael is being tried. I submit that it would be actually weird if a black person was on the Jury list. The breakdown of 8 women to 4 men (by the way isn’t it a bit overkill to have to note that there are 4 men if in advance I say there are 8 women?) also seems to be in MJ’s favor, I think that men in general take a more cynical view of Jackson and were not as enamored with him as many female fans. Don’t get me wrong plenty of guys faint when they see Michael; I just think the incidents are higher among women.

Here at work we are all eagerly anticipating the outcome of that trial, after all he is a big part of one portion of our corporation. Amazing how the corporate world can help you to not see things in terms of guilt or innocence but instead in terms of profit or loss.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.