Hmm so Bush nominated a woman for the Supreme Court! At first I was happy because I do want a woman to replace SD O’Connor, then I thought I don’t want someone appointed just to replace a gap. Like if Clarence died today I wouldn’t want to see him replaced with a black guy just because Clarence was black, I would like to see another black guy on the court but not if it means sacrificing credentials just to make a PC move. So now Harriet Miers has been pegged for the spot and I think it’s a rather bold move: It’s a female who has never been a judge before and who appears to be mildly conservative (which has already begun to irk staunch conservatives): Some in the know (sorry for such a vague term) are saying that Bush picked her to avoid the political fight that would have ensued from picking a stronger conservative.
Kind of crazy though how Bush punked Alberto R. Gonzales: A few weeks ago when asked about who he was considering to replace O’Connor Bush laughingly said: "The list is wide open, which should create some good speculation here in Washington. And make sure you notice when I said that, I looked right at Al Gonzales, who can really create speculation." That’s kind of cold to do that to the man and basically let him know he is a punch line.
Infrequently updated consistently funny
- ► 2013 (23)
- ► 2011 (33)
- ► 2010 (13)
- ► 2009 (43)
- ► 2008 (139)
- ► 2007 (245)
- ► 2006 (418)
- Vince for Heisman!
- Things that currently appear impossible...
- My USD peeps!
- Costume I couldn't stomach to wear!
- There is no Justice in politics!
- "Ketch Fraid" re Halloween Costume
- Halloween donations can help Katrina relief!
- REST IN PEACE
- TEXAS is the number ONE team in the nation!
- Halloween Tickets!
- You will love my Halloween costume…or report me!
- Quick impressions from tonight:
- The competition is over!
- Food for days...
- Only a formality I know...
- Funny lines and late night TV
- Ah Costco...
- Wow women hate each other...shocking!
- When to tell someone you are a virgin...
- Happy Birthday
- Vikings cruises sound like fun!
- Why no Replay?
- Too lazy to blog right now
- Of live sex shows and exploring...
- My newest toy!
- A Picture Share!
- A Picture Share!
- TEXAS v OU
- 2 cents re the Cruise Holmes baby affair
- Damn Doctors! Is this you Dr. D.
- Our Westlaw Rep!
- If she is 4 feet away is it still a lapdance?
- Is it a good choice? Time will tell
- Not much to say
- New contact lenses!
- COME ON ASU
- Damn the West Coast TV!
- Bad Pussy will make you itch…
- ▼ October (40)
- Cali J
- Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.