Infrequently updated consistently funny

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

The new definition of Paranoia...

The irrational fear that everything you have written for your take home final will suddenly disappear from your computer screen, despite repeatedly pressing the save button every 5 minutes. Signs of paranoia: irrationally emailing yourself copies of the paper via attachments and cut and pastes into the body of an email; not trusting one email service to be a safe depository and thus having to email to 3 accounts every half hour a fresh copy of the paper even if the only new addition is a single word. Further signs of paranoia: recognizing that your actions are crazy but still logging into a backup computer so that you can IM a copy of your paper to the back up computer; cackling every time the file transfer goes through; wondering how it is that the 3 pages of notes that you took for the entire semester still somehow manage to be more than the notes of 2 of your classmates combined are they just more efficient than you are or do they care less?

2 comments:

Kelly said...

When did you find time to actually write? It seems like saving was taking up all of your time.

But I know what you mean. During college, I spent a torturous night trying to write and save a paper. I managed to crash 4 computers and two printers. I didn't know printers could crash, but I was blamed just the same. And mind you, I took out both PC's and Macs. Now, I am a bit fanatical about saving my writing. I wish I would extend this paranoia to my work. I can't tell you how many DAYS of work I have lost.

Anonymous said...

I'M COMING FOR YOU!!!!!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.